Arroz Brasileiro (brazilian Rice With Tomatoes & Onions)
- Servings: Serves: 8
- Prep Time: Bring 3 cups water to a boil in large saucepan; add rice.
- Cook Time: Increase heat and allow mixture to thicken.
|¼ cup||(60 Ml) Olive Oil|
|1||Large Onion, finely diced|
|3 cups||(750 Ml) Raw Long-grain Rice|
|3 cups||(750 Ml) Boiling Chicken Stock|
|3 cups||(750 Ml) Water|
|2||Tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped, or ⅔ cup chopped canned tomatoes|
|Salt & Freshly Ground Pepper, to taste|
1. Bring 3 cups water to a boil in large saucepan; add rice.
2. As rice boils, fry onions in olive oil on another burner. After onions are light brown, decrease heat and add chopped tomatoes. Simmer this mixture; after it has boiled down, add chicken stock. Increase heat and allow mixture to thicken.
3. Combine rice and vegetable mixtures. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve immediately.